2013-01-02

The Practice of the Narration - A Valuable Lesson from a Quarrel -(3 )


    It was my first time to have the most furious >silent quarrel with my best friend when I was in the twelfth grade in senior high school. The exam was upcoming; every classmate was under huge pressure, including my friend and I. In the beginning, nothing seemed to be going to happen. We spent our time normally just as in the past, eating at the noon, chatting at >during the break and get together after school. However, as time passed, there seemed to be something the matter with >unhappy occur to her. She gradually had fewer and fewer words to me. At first, she just had few words to say and nodded to me when we were chatting and eating together. I thought maybe she just had nothing to say because the life of being an examinee is extremely monotonous and wearisome. Therefore I do >did not mention my feeling to her. Little did I know that she would finally stay in her own seat, keep silent and then just study. I was too frustrated and enraged to say anything; hence I just had a cold shoulder with her. Three months had passed, one day afternoon she eventually came to talk to me, and apologized to me for her immature behavior. “I am sorry for my selfish behavior. I am >was under huge pressure but do not know how to release it, so somehow I give vented my temper on you. ”, she embarrassedly said. Actually, I was very shocked at first, but after listening to her speaking, I also felt regretful to her. Consequently, I said “I am also sorry to you. I have fault >It was my fault, too. I am >was so childish and tender that I am >was not concerned for you but just want to make representations to you and treat back as same as you treated me.” Eventually, we both forgave each other’s faults and forgot the unhappy memory. 
    “Forgive and forgot” – I have learned a valuable lesson from this experience. There are three reasons why I think people should always follow this true attitude toward people who have had wrangle or grudge between each other. First, if I really care about someone and value him/her beyond my self-esteem, I should chose >choose to forget the fault that he/she has made. Being unwilling to throw away the meaningless self-esteem will sometimes make me lose the people who truly love me. Self-esteem is just like a high, cold and untouchable wall, it keeps all the warm care off and makes me heartless. Finally, I will lose the people who love me because the selfish and proud self-esteem has cruelly hurt them. The wall-like self-esteem will crush me down at last. Second, as a proverbs goes, "Anger is taking others' mistakes to punish yourself." Being tolerant to others' mistakes is a noble behavior that can makes you much maturer and brighter. Third, Warren Buffett had said that "Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future." Everyone makes mistakes, but the most important thing is that we should mend our ways. Hence, we should give other people a chance to reform instead of endless blame and hatred >endlessly blaming and hating. If one day you make some mistakes, other people may also give you a chance as you give them. Then everyone has the chance to become a better person. To sum up, this is why “Forgive and forgot” is so meaningful and significant not only for a sinner but for every human being!

沒有留言:

張貼留言