2012-11-18

My Moon Festival - (2)


 Last Saturday was not only September 29th on the solar calendar but also August 14th in the lunar calendar. My parents decided to go back to our hometown - Changhua for the sake of celebrating the Moon Festival and having a family reunion. In order to avoid the inevitable traffic jam and arrive on time, we woke up at 8 o'clock and left for Changhua at 9 o'clock. Because we prepared plenty of food for the dinner and BBQ, we needed to spend much time moving the foodstuffs aboard. We did not even have any food until we arrived. After getting on the car, I gradually fell asleep. Little did I know that when I woke up, there was a heavy traffic jam on the freeway. With the time went by, there were 4 hours from our departure to then. Nevertheless, we still did not arrive. Consequently, we temporarily decided to visit my parents' old friends and simultaneously take a break...
  When we arrived, my parents' old friends welcomed us muchvery enthusiastically and amicably. As soon as they saw us visiting them, they entertained us with various delicious fruits, cookies and plenty of desserts and beverages right away. Their hospitality not only made us feel like at home but also relieved our tiredness and weariness. However, unfortunately we needed to reach our destination earlier, so we could not spend too much time staying. My parents promised that we must make a special trip to call on them next time in the near future. For the sake of appreciating their kindness and friendliness and furthermore apologizing for bothering them without informing them in advance, my mother decided to send them a box of pineapple cake to show our gratefulness and apology.
  Then we got aboard again. After one hour, eventually we reached our hometown-Shueiwei village. The first beauty that caught my eye areis the spacious, emerald, lovely farmland wherethere was had a few sparrows and scarecrows. There were numerous muddy crisscross paths on the farmlands. An old barefoot farmer was crossing the footpath. My old home was originally a three-walled courtyard residence; however, it was rebuilt few years ago. Nowadays it becomes two modern cottages. There was a wide and vacant land where we always bask the grains in the sun in front of the two cottages. That was the place where we were going to have a BBQ. My father and my uncles prepared the setting of the grills; on the other hand, my mother and my aunts prepared the foodstuffs. At the same time I took the responsibility for taking care of my four little lovely and lively nephews and nieces. I played with the children while waiting for the beginning of the sumptuous dinner.
  Around 5 o'clock, we started to BBQ. It was a bountiful feast; there were pork chop, mutton chop, fish platoon, roast chicken, grilled squid, sausages, vegetables and mushroom, etc on the BBQ. Everyone was greatly satisfied with the plentiful dinner.
  Because some days ago was one of my nephew's 10th birthday, my two sisters and I prepared a secret and surprise present for him. After having the BBQ, my aunt brought out a chocolate cake to celebrate my nephew's birthday. When everyone was singing the birthday song, my two sisters and I brought out the gift to send him. As soon as he saw the gift, he was just like on the cloud nine, and he's eyes were shining. When he opened the gift, he said "WOW!!!" right away. Because the present that he received was his coveted and favorite toy - TOY GUN! He was so delighted that he could not wait to play it immediately. Then the next two hours, we started a breathtaking, adventurous and entertaining battle. Although I had spared no efforts to defend, ultimately I still could not resist the violent and powerful attack and fall in battle.
  In order to avoid the traffic jam, we chose to come back to Taipei at night. We got up to return at 10 o'clock. After I and my nephews and nieces embraced each other, my family reluctantly left in their sight. It was quite fluent on the way home; hence we arrived home at near 2 o'clock. After taking a bath, I went to bed, ended a heart-felt, sweet, content and amazing Moon Festival.

沒有留言:

張貼留言