2013-03-20

New Year’s Resolution – Get up Early


    When I was a senior high school student, I needed to get up at 5 o’clock to take buses everyday because of the remote school. After I got into college, I felt I can get more freedom than before. Therefore, I started to let myself loose. I did not almost go to the first class at eight o’clock, because I gradually cannot get up at six o’clock in the latest one year.
    I had a bad habit of doing things dilatorily. Every time after I came home, I was first used to play computer, have a dinner and watch television. When I realized that I had homework to do, it was usually about ten or eleven o’clock. Then I would reluctantly sit at the desk, started to do what I should do. I did not finish my homework until the wee hours. A second cause was I did not find out my main goal in life. Getting up, going to school, taking classes, going home, having dinner, taking shower and then going to bed – my life was completely occupied by these dull, fixed and regular trifles. I had never imagined how boring the life would be, just like having dishes without any condiment. Sometimes I would ponder long and deeply where my future was, what I should do. When I felt wearier of these trifles things, I was more easily be distracted by my amusements. A final cause is – I LOVE NIGHTS! I greatly enjoyed doing many things at a still and black night before I went to bed, such as listening to music or radio, reading novels, watching horror movies, chatting with my younger sister, or even just pondering about something. Sometimes I would do these things all night. 
    However, I started to gradually break up the bad habit of staying up after I became a double-major student. Hence, the first point on my list of New Year’s Resolution is “Get up Early!” Needless to say, I did know the bad influence of staying up on human’s body before; yet the most decisive reason to make me change was – I have already found out my goal in life, the goal that could make me full of energy and hope, go ahead and do not hesitate. Therefore, I wanted to go back to the right pace, so I primarily changed the basic point – lifestyle. As a proverb goes – “The early bird catches the worm.” Morning is truly the most significant time in the whole daytime because human is clearest in the morning. We can do hundreds of meaningful thing effectively and energetically without disturbance before this world awakes from the dawn. Now I do know what I want, what person I want to be and how I should do, and get up much earlier than one year ago. Although sometimes I may still accidentally stay up and oversleep, I will try my best to thoroughly abandon that bad habit and have a brand new life.

沒有留言:

張貼留言